Monday 23 May 2011

Grungy Monday 08


OK, so I have calmed down!

This is what I made with the single Darkroom Door stamped Daffodil using distress ink in the background that I misted and dabbed and stuck to the tag and decorated with Sassafras trimmings that came off the edge of one of their sheets of paper. If you are wondering what I am on about, read further, I had to blog about this technique before I had even created something with it!



OH MY WORD! Excuse my shouting, but I LOVE THIS technique!

In case you think I am off my head, (well some people think I should be certified, but that is another matter all together...) go over to Linda's blog (the esteemed hostess of Grungy Monday) where you will get the link to Tims blog back in 2008 where he gives very clear instructions on how to do this water colour technique with stamps...

I am so excited about it that I have to show you what I have done so far and I have not even made anything yet. I just want you to go and play with this technique, it is BRILLIANT! T!m totally ROCKS! Thanks to Linda who enlightened me on this blog link, I am now bouncing round my studio, trying to think of what I can make with all these Darkroom Door flowers...

Bella

21 comments:

  1. WOW!! love these flowers....just beautiful x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! This is great! I love this technique and it looks like you have mastered it already! Hope you have fun playing with it! Thanks for participating in this week's Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Quick and beautiful love your daff stamp

    Love Dawn xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is lovely Bella. Your Daffodil looks great. I love the effect you can get using DI's with this technique, it's so soft and translucent.
    Sue:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. OH my gosh! These flowers are just amazing! What a fun technique! Off I am to take a look at Tim's tutorial on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wondeful tag, I love daffodils.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow gorgeous flowers. i'm really looking forward to having a go tomorrow
    janet

    ReplyDelete
  8. The Bright Colors are Glowing!!!
    Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely tag and your flowers are beautiful. I feel that I need to recheck my stamps to see what other possibilities are there. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bella, this is SO gorgeous! Your flowers are just stunning, and such a perfect way to showcase the GM08 technique. You could frame the samples and hang them anywhere, and the finished tag, with those lovely trimming, is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  11. All those pretty, pretty colors! Wonderful tag!

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've nailed this technique! It looks like you watercolour painted them. Stunning tag too!
    P.S. you asked about my butterfly I stamped with the archival and coloured with the cut n dry nibs.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can see why you are excited with the technique ... You carried it off beautifully! Great work!
    I just wanted to say ... You don't need Wendy stamps to join in at Simon Says Stamp and show this week ... We are playing with Wendy's style ... Any stamp will do ;0)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Belinda... these stamps are perfect for this technique.... LOOOOOOVE IT !!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautiful daffodil! the blue background really sets it off.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is perfect -everything - the stamp, the colors, the background. Simply stunning.

    Debbie C

    ReplyDelete
  17. It turned out great and I feel your excitement - I love it too when it all comes together!

    Sarah at 49

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your tag is fantastic, great colors. Really beautiful and vibrant.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow - way to get this party started! Love how you inked around the flower. Looks awesome

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.