Saturday 8 October 2011

Simon Says Stamp RAK

Hello there

I have been the lucky recipient of a RAK (Random Act of Kindness) from Simon Says Stamp.   On Tuesday last week I tweeted them the entry I had posted for their challenge on their blog which was Simon Says Stamp and Show:  Men Only.   The mail to South Africa was quite quick and I found them in my post box yesterday afternoon when I came home from work.  What a nice end to my week.

I won this cute set of stamps called Turtle Buddies.  They are really fun to play with.

*Simon Says Clear Stamps TURTLE BUDDIES Set Pal Around Exclusive

After a few false starts to my creative endevours, like my dog finding something disgustingly smelly to roll in and had to be bathed immediately followed by my hubby asking me to nip down to the local Renault dealership to collect the wheel berings he had ordered and my dad dropping in for a cup of tea...I finally made this tag.

First I covered the tag with "Stream" Color wash and water, let that dry, then I stamped the turtle and the two sentiments from the set.

In the photo below you can see the shine of the embossing powder I added to the waves that I overstampd the background with.  After heating the embossing powder, I rubbed the whole tag with Peeled Paint Distress ink to make the waves show up better.  Then I added the ribbons and the rosette.



1 comment:

  1. Awesome Bella and really love your cute little turtles so know what you mean about false starts too having some of those myself - just a tad frustrating! Shaz in oz.x

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.