Saturday 1 October 2011

World Card Making Day


I have been doing some demos using the Ranger products for one of the importers here in Cape Town.  This was my table this morning on World Card Making Day.


I was putting together a canvas (that you can see to the left of my table) to hold all the sample tags I have created to put up at the demos that I am doing at various shops and I realised that I seem to work mostly in oranges, reds and browns.  (The reason was simple - those are the colours I owned!)  First I had to put right the missing colours in my stash of Tim products and then I decided to make a change to the tag sample board this afternoon.

Below is my desk after mass producing a whole lot of tag backgrounds followed by all the tags I have finished thus far.



I don't think there is a Ranger product that has been left out!

 Below I have used: Stickes, Color wash, Distress ink on the clock stamp, Archival ink on the number stamp and perfect pearls for some background bling.


In this tag below I was inspired by a bag of teardrop beads that I bought on Friday and made a flower with them by gluing them down in a circle using Glossy accents and a giant brad for the centre.  The leaves are paint dabbper with pink embossing powder on it for texture and the writing stamp in the background is Archival ink.  The tag was covered in color wash with water that I sprayed on my craft mat.


The purple tag below was done with water and color wash to start with and then the butterflies from Tim's Papillion Stamp set by Stampers Anon. were done with Perfect Medium and perfect pearls and the flowers and brads added from my stash.

This tag below is purely color wash over a stencil/mask and then I used Spun Sugar Distress Stain to fill in the white left by the stencil which blended the color washes slightly into the background.

This tag was lots of fun.  First I sprayed the color wash onto the craft mat and then dabbed the tag into it.  When this was dry I added the Smile embellie and stamped the flower using the Perfect Medium so I could add Perfect pearls.  The sentiment was stamped with the clear embossing stamp pad and I used pink embossing powder on top.  I finished it off with the bling in the middle of the center flower that I got as a gift in the parcel of stuff I ordered from Simon Says Stamp.


4 comments:

  1. ah, Bella, this is such a lovely post! thanks so very much for sharing - I am missing my blogging buddies and blogland too as have not been on many the last ten day.
    Life is just too full on at present - however really truly appreciated your comment on WOYWW day on my last week's post to say you missed me - so very nice to be missed :D
    And wow do I love all these tags with their various methods - really fantastic thanks so very much for sharing and may God bless you and those you love always,
    Shaz in Oz.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice tags you made and what a wonderfull job to demonstrate the ranger product. I wish I could do that in Holland.
    I'm soory if i write some things wrong here but mostly i write in Dutch.
    Greetings Tamara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Bella...you have a wonderful gift of creativity...thanks for sharing hugz

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.