Saturday 30 June 2012

More Finnabair inspired canvasses

I designed a hanging triptych for a kids class and decided it was too simple for me to leave as it was for home...so it got a dose of what I now refer to as the Finnabair technique.  Anna is her name and she is just so inspirational in the way she puts objects together to create art.  I watched her stream live the other night for Prima and it was just such fun.



I ripped off all the stuff I had put on the canvasses for the kids class, spent about 2 hours going through my stash and adding stuff to the canvasses to create a swirl of flowers and the like from top to bottom together with some stunning lazer cut chippies from a local company called Celebr8.  They are R16 each and come to about 1.5 Pounds or 2 Dollars.



I set up and recorded my first Ustream video today while I did this, but it would seem that there is a line down between us here at the end of the earth at the bottom of Africa and the rest of the world.  So the audio and video was very stilted and WAY behind where I was in real life...so much so that Minxy was still watching me "live" when I had finished and cleaned up!


I will have to try something similar when the techies have got us back up and connected properly to the rest of the world again...


So here is the before, during and after photos:  My hubby was quite keen on me leaving it as it was without the black spry paint, but the colours were all a bit too much in my opinion and anyway, the sprays are the fun part!

5 comments:

  1. It turned out absolutely amazing, I love every square inch of it xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks you are a Doll. Especially for sitting through such a stilted and miserable connection. I really appreciated your support. Hugs

      Delete
  2. :):):) I like the final effect so much!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, this is a true honour for you to comment and like my project...faint! Happy sigh!

      Delete
  3. Wow! Those are gorgeous! :)

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.