Tuesday 16 June 2015

CC3 challenge page 54 - Faux Cracked Glass

 Anyone who knows me, might have a good understanding of my "slight" coffee addiction...

So when thinking about what I could do for this challenge of faux cracked glass... I came up with the idea of using some of the test tubes I was recently gifted by Evette to do the technique on and then have them spewing out coffee beans together with cogs...and so the canvas "Coffee in the Works" was born!  I was inspired by THIS canvas by Chi Phan called "Spread the Magic" where I first saw test tubes being used on a canvas.
 I decided to change up Tims instructions just a bit on page 54 of his Compendium of Curiosities 3 book and added some perfect pearls gold powder using water and a paint brush...
This is what they looked like after I continued following his instructions...above and below!
 Then I glued them to my canvas which I had prepared with crumpled tissue paper and distress paints to emulate the cracks on the glass.
 I added some micro beads and some Inka Gold rub as well as some alcohol inks to make everything look a little worn as well as a distress paint shadow under the pouring beans...

 I added strips of embossed sticky backed foil to the sides of my box canvas as per the instructions on page 46 called painted industrial.


 Here is the finished canvas front
 and side
 The Funkie Junkie Boutique is back to sponsor Challenge 30, and sweet Linda Coughlin, the Funkie Junkie herself, has a fabulous $25 shopping spree for one very lucky CC3Cer!

Tim and Mario are sponsors of a faberoonie package of Tim product goodness...for the project chosen by the Inspiration team....

You gotta be in it to win it so come join the fun over at Linda's blog Studio L3

22 comments:

  1. Oh i'ts just an awesome piece, I love it! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a true work of art, Bella! I love the use of the test tubes - very clever, especially with them spilling out coffee beans and gears! The technique is wonderful, the colors are awesome and the idea fabulous! Well done! Thanks for joining us for this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Cow! You are the Queen of Steampunk!! (now brewpunk!) This is fantastic!! The coloring is so perfect and rich. Absolutely Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Bella - this is totally gorgeous !
    Love the mood & the colours - and the flow & sense of movement across the canvas.
    Sorry i haven't been about much recently - don't know where the days & the weeks go ! And the Summertime seems to have so many distractions - gardens and an insatiable desire to be outdoors whenever the sun shines ! Hope you are well and love to Andrew & Luke Ali xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, wow, wow Bella, this is utterly gorgeous! I love what you did with the tubes - spilling out the coffee beans and beads and the cogs on the front and side look amazing. Beautiful work! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my, this is breathtaking!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow!!! This is totally awesome!!! Love the use of the coffee beans .. brilliant!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. So very, very beautiful! I love the colors, and all the texture with the beans and vials.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This certainly caught my eye as I flicked through the Bloglovin notification. What a gorgeous piece of artwork that is, love the idea, the colours, the whole concept is amazing.
    Hugs, Neet 13 xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like this a lot. I don't usually post, but, this Is one of the best pieces I have seen. Great texture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooho gorgeous! I'd love to have that up on my wall!!
    Soo.... what are your plans with that canvas? Is it for sale?

    Greetings,
    Debbie / Daqa

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, I think I'm going to need a cool wet washcloth, because I'm about to faint! This is just fantabulous; love the technique so well executed with the addition of the perfect pearls powder, the spilled beans and gears is just a wonderful idea! This is just one awesome work of art, Bella! Pinned for future looks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. WOW ... this is amazing !

    ReplyDelete
  14. Umm...WOW! WOW WOW! This is a STUNNER! STUNNER yes..repeating myself! LOVE the colors, love the technique, LOVE the coffee beans spilling out! Okay...picking myself up now...WOW! a masterpiece! Thank you for sharing with us at CC3!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness...Belinda, this is just beyond gorgeous, I TOTALLY LOVE every little inch of this canvas! From the embossed sides to the fabulous faux cracked glass test tubes pouring out their magical goodness; this is a true work of art! The colors are just so rich and amazing. I love all of your embedded gears, beads, coffee beans....well, just ALL of it! Absolutely fabulous! So glad to see you participating in this challenge as it is a JOY to see your work! Thanks for sharing with all of us at CC3C and thank you for the sweet comment you left on my blog. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  16. This looks wonderful - I love it when you play with coffee beans and gears. Thanks for sharing with us at CC3C!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is extremely cool! Love the mix of coffee beans and magic!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Ohmygoodness! I too am a coffee fanatic and this caught my eye right away. I adore the cleverness of this and the entire warm, rich feel of this piece. The cogs, the micro-beads, the beans, the tubes...JUST AMAZING!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Oh, and P.S. I love the close-up photos so much, I could use one of these as my phone's screen saver!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Gorgeous! Love your canvas!!! It's a definite show stopper. Truly a winner in my eyes.

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.