Saturday 6 August 2016

Steampunk Restaurant part 7 "Making fake old gauges"

I wanted to have lots of gauges and handles in the pipework I was going to put on the walls in the restaurant.  The only problem was that the gauges I could purchase were expensive and too modern looking as well as very small.

So I set about finding various items I could turn into gauges.

Tea strainers, breakfast bowls and metal dishes became my new best friends!  I found these at the Crazy Store (I guess it is a bit like the Dollar store)
I sprayed the plastic items copper and took out the mesh from the tea strainers and added some printed gauges I had found on the net.
I then glued on some half Christmas ornaments and alcohol inked them to look like they were rusted.
These were then big and bold as well as reasonably priced.

1 comment:

  1. Fantastic way to make such stunning artwork! I love it when artists create using Dollar Store-type materials, and this looks as great as the real deal. Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.