Wednesday, 30 August 2017

All about cogs Canvas



Over at the KaiserCraft Blog, they are having a challenge where the theme for the month of August is COGS!  Well, of course I could not resist, could I?  First I ordered the paper pack, die and stencil...

Then I set about looking at the delicious paper and die cuts for two weeks...
Image may contain: indoor
It would seem I work best under pressure and seeing as the deadline is tomorrow... I thought I better get going!  So I found a canvas and got to work!

I played with the cog embossing folder in as many ways as I could think of...In the end I used it in 7 different ways!

First I took orange craft foam and made a stamp, which I stamped onto card stock with coffee archival ink.

I inked the inside of the folder with Walnut Stain Distress Oxide inks and embossed the paper both on the negative and positive side of the folder. (these I also sprayed with water after they were embossed to make the ink wick)


Then I did the same with Archival ink.  Then I cut these into tags. 



For my feature tag, I also played with the distress oxides, but this time on my craft sheet and coloured a tag with Walnut stain and Vintage photo.  When this was dry, I ran it through the embossing folder and then clipped the surface of the cogs with Ground espresso distress ink.



Next, I die cut some card stock covered in sticky backed foil with the pipe die which I then inked with alcohol ink and painted with a little black soot distress paint.

Having created all my pieces for the canvas, I then embossed a long strip of sticky back foil by repeating the embossing folder down the length of it 3 to 4 times.  The one strip was slightly longer than the 12" canvas so it would wrap neatly round the corners.


I added the black soot distress paint and wiped the excess off.  When this was dry, I cut the strips down the length of the foil and adhered them to the sides of the box canvas.

Having created all these things I now needed a base for everything to be layered onto so I stenciled the cogs down the right hand side of the page using the same Oxide inks and then inked the edge of the page with black soot distress ink.

Below you can see how I started laying the tags out.

The final touches were added from the die cut paper pack and here is the finished canvas
Below are lots of close ups and different angles showing the foil edges.













6 comments:

  1. Leave ordinary behind is right!!! Only you can make such a glorious canvas, steampunk gorgeousness at it's absolute best!
    Hugs
    Samra
    Paper Talk with Samra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoyed looking at this piece of work. I saved many of your blogs and the pictures are always a great inspiration to me. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is gorgeous! I love your layering and those sentiments. Great tutorial too! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another stunning work of art. Love all the layers and texture and all the little details.

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment.