Tuesday 4 June 2019

#52 Cafe Journals Prompt no 5 over at Maremi's Cafe





I've been busy sorting out my studio in our new rented flat in Berlin.  I will do a post about that as soon as we have wifi...

But for now, the first thing I have created, just for the sake of creating is this journal page!  I joined in over at Maremi's Creative Cafe on Facebook where there are weekly prompts.  This is #5 of  #52  Cafe Journals.  Marta posts this when she gets a gap in her week.  Here is the prompt:

No photo description available.
I started by spraying the middle of my journal with Picked Raspberry Distress Oxide spray and the edges of the page with Dylusions Shimmer spray in Bubblegum pink.
I then added some stenciling using Picked Raspberry distress ink
Chose a cupcake napkin
Cut it out and placed it
Then after adding the napkin with gel medium, I cut the title for my page and a few other die cuts.
To use the lace effect prompt, I stamped my lettering with two different lace stamps in Archival Jet black.
Once I had glued everything down, I started adding drop shadows.  Here you can see the way it makes the word LIFE pop of the page a bit better.
I followed the shadow with a white highlight as per the prompt to do white doodles... well technically mine aren't doodles... but I used a white pen!
Using black acrylic paint and a brush, I then blackened the edges of the page.
The page looked a little unbalanced to me, so I added a Tim Holtz cupcake to the doily on the left hand page.
Finally, to fill some of the gaps, I used a stamp with Picket Fence Distress Paint.

1 comment:

  1. What a delightful shade of pink you ended up with - great colours and the stencil on top is just perfect.
    Thanks for showing us how you built up your pages. Lovely!
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.