Saturday 18 January 2020

Dreamcatcher by SnipArt

I received this awesome huge Dreamcatcher by SnipArt from a friend for Christmas... My mind has been scheming up a plan to use it for a while.  I had a 70cm x 30cm canvas lying around in my studio and thought I would use it for this project.

Here you can see me plotting the layout before I even open the packaging of the canvas.

Once I had glued everything in place, I spraypainted the whole thing black.
Then, using a stencil I cut from an A4 plastic folder to look like dripping paint, I used the blue pot from Finnabair's Patina Effect paste through it as I know this has good coverage.
Next, I got out my trusty glue gun and created 3D drips over the top of the stencilled image.  I also added some details to the feathers with some glossy accents ( close up photo at the end of this post)
Once this had cooled, I spraypainted it black again, only this time, the paint did not stick to the hot glue, leaving the blue shining through.  I loved this look from this happy accident!
After this had dried, I used Art Alchemy Metallique Deep Waters, Sparks Giner Magic and some Ruby and brass Treasure Gold rubs to highlight the dreamcatcher and feathers.
Here you can see the details I added to the feathers with the glossy accents.


To link everything together, I also added some gold to the end of the paint drips.
Lastly I dismantled some dangly earings with gold butterlies on them and added 3 of them to the main circle at the top for a little more eyecandy.

6 comments:

  1. Absolutly love this dreamcatcher, awesome job creating those colors blending in eachother 😍

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your dreamcatcher is gorgeous and you have created such a wonderful metallic look, and it looks so dimensional. The dripping paint is a fantastic addition, as are the butterflies. Love it! Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belinda.... Love all the fabulous techniques and the happy accident with the spray paint/glue gun!!! �� So happy that you get to still play. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it, fabulous dreamcatcher, it looks amazing and such great metal effects.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. If anybody could nail this I would put my money on you and you have come up trumps as always. absolutely fabulous and what a wonderful piece of art to have on your wall
    Hugs, Neet xx

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.