Wednesday 8 January 2020

What's on my Workdesk Wednesday 553?

Hello fellow creative!  It's been a long time since I participated in the world wide desk hop... But here I am.  Since I last posted on WOYWW, I have moved across the world from Cape Town, South Africa, to Berlin, Germany!

I have been lucky enough to carve out a pice of creative space all to myself.  The flat we are renting had an alcove in the lounge area, so we built a room divider with Ikea Kallex units and now I have my own little place to mess... I mean craft!

Here you see my art journal which I have been working in recently.  Its lying open at a page I very nearly glued together... now I have sprayed Distress Oxide Brushed corduroy over it... I think it has a chance...  I've discovered Stamperia papers and stencils and am absolutely in love with them.  I am very steampunk orientated and their designs are just so interesting and different.  Right up my alley.

The scull and crossbones is off my 3D printer which is now back up and running.  I need to print this little guy because I have an order for a banner like the one I created for Truth Coffee shop back in 2016.  Someone from Switzerland was there on holiday in April, saw my work, and has been patiently waiting for me to pull myself towards myself and create it...lets just say that moving countries is not for the faint hearted... I've been here just over 8 months and am now finally feeling settled.


9 comments:

  1. that's one big move! glad to see you've got a space to craft in and join us again here! Helen #1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Bella, great to see you here again. What a move you've made. Wishing you a very happy and creative woyww, Angela x8x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bella, how lovely to see you on the desks again!! How amazing that you're in Germany now, what prompted the move? I don't envy you the move, it was bad enough when i moved from Wiltshire to Wales!! Nice to know you're settled now and happy.
    Hugs LLJ 2 xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your crafty space, it looks almost as messy as mine - lol. When I uprooted from Canada to England many years ago, it took me a lot longer than 8 months to settle so it is good to hear that you have settled now. It has been a long while since I joined in WOYWW too, I really should come back for a visit too one of these days.... Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a brilliant creative space Bella and quite a move too! I will be in Berlin with the annual school trip end of June/beginning of July. It's a fabulous city. Happy WOYWW. Sarah #3

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to see your crafty space - it looks very interesting and creative. I love Stamperia papers too - they have a very unique style don't they. Your move must have been quite an experience - I'm glad you are feeling settled in your new home.
    Have a great week,
    Diana x #16

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow Belinda, you’re doing well, a foreign country, time zone and climate is a big thing. I hope you’re overcoming that homesick feeling and have found groups and people to bounce around with. , Berlin is very cosmopolitan so there’s no lack of interest, but sometimes, just sometimes, it’s not enough. Great architectural altering at the flat, what a fab result, just perfect space for all your inky pursuits. As a teen I lived in a couple of different German towns and my parents were ACE at getting us out and about and through the rest of Europe for holidays etc, I hope you enjoy this period. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Belinda, how lovely to see you back again!Love your crafty space, and looking forward to seeing your creations. Have a lovely week, Hugs, Shaz #6 X

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.