Sunday 20 October 2013

My take on Liane's Challenge

A fellow teacher up in Jhb, Liane van Harn put out a challenge on her blog:
  To use her layout above and make it your own.  Here is my take on her page.
I decided to make all my own paper and embellishments, so here it is from start to finish.  This is a photo heavy post so bear with me...
This is the plain grey paper with the black in the centre to measure where I must stamp the grey paper to mimic her patterned paper.
Above you can see the stamped image using Tim Holtz Wallpaper stamp with White Distress Paint with the bottom row covered in Iced Spruce Distress ink.
I cut this stencil on my Silhouette cutter and started at one end of a half sheet of cardstock and repeated the pattern to make my own paper.    You can see the finished sheet below.
I then made my own Chalk board embellie using the technique I learned in Tim's CC102 class.
I set about making my own strips for above and below the photos using Tim's On the Rail road set of stamps.
Here you can see the layout coming together
I die cut two strips from Tim's Vintage lace die to mimic Liane's edge under her photos.
Then I made my own tags and stamped them with the woodgrain stamp in the same set as the wallpaper one of Tim's
I also stamped a piece of card stock with the same stamps and cut the title out on my Silhouette.  The word ALL is from Tim's Block Talk Alphabet die.
I embellished the page using a tag I had made for one of Tims challenges earlier in the year and made some more little ones to match to add to the page.

Thanks for the visit

I hope you enjoyed my step out photos of how I made my page.

Bella

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow...few words you have totally inspired me. Thanks Belinda. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Bella! This is beautiful. Lovely photos too!
    Well done!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I must go and take a look at her blog and maybe I will give it a go too. Love your take on her sketch. You hand made bits and pieces are stunning I love them....

    ReplyDelete
  4. wat a beautifull layout you made Belinda.

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.