Sunday 16 March 2014

It's Always 3 o'clock Somewhere

When I knew Tim and Mario were coming to town again, I asked a friend who was going to the USA to bring back some Starbucks stuff for me to use on a gift.  She managed to bring me a handful of serviettes and two cup holders.

After much thought about what would be personal and appropriate, I came up with the idea of a clock that says it is 3 o'clock at every hour because Mario makes a Starbucks/coffee break at that time of the day nearly every day!  I know this cos he posts his yummy looking beverages on Twitter and Facebook!

I got a decoupage clock blank,  the mechanism and hands.

I first glued the lettering and cogs onto the clock and then covered the whole thing in Gesso.  When that was dry, I glued the serviette onto the clock.

I painted in the Starbucks logo onto the front of the clock and when it was dry, I sanded it back to reveal the creases in the serviette to give it a worn look.

The numbers were die cut, glued and drop shadowed and the hands added.

Finally, I nailed the hinges and the game spinners onto the back of the clock.

The mechanism is small which left lots of space within the clock to add a mini book on a clip binder.  Here I added some (Behind the Scenes) photos which I had printed off Tim's Facebook page.




5 comments:

  1. Wow- a great idea and such a fantastic artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Bella, this is brilliant!!! I bet they were thrilled beyond belief to receive such a thoughtfully beautiful gift!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool gift! Lucky you to participate in TH class again this year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool gift...great idea Belinda! I especially love the hidden mini album inside ...cool!

    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belinda thank you very much for popping over my blog and leave nice words! You have wonderful blog and awesome art pieces here! Hugs from Slovenia

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.