Monday 16 September 2013

Layout using Tim Holtz stamps, Dies and inks etc

I don't know if it is legal to have as much fun as I have today with all my inks, sprays, dies and stamps!

I have not had a chance to just PLAY for a while.

I played with all the dies that I relate to...
I learned to type on a real typewriter.
My dad used to wake up to an alarm clock like this one.
I sat for hours chatting on a phone like this to my friends.
I studied photography with a real film camera.

I used white Bazzil card stock as a base.  Stencilled the chevrons in the background using Distress paint.  stamped the dress form with pearl paint dabber, over-stamped her with archival ink through a mask I made with the left over die cut paper.  Randomly stamped the same flourish all round the page.  Covered the paper with Distress ink in Faded Jeans and Chipped Sapphire as well as spritzed it with Denim Color Wash and water.  Once the background was dry I added the photo and die cut embellishments then added glossy accents to strategic places.
I stamped a Prima clock for behind Tim's die cut and filled it with Crackle accents.
I tore some Coredinations paper for a mat behind my photo, sanded it a bit and distressed the edges of my photo.   I made a stamp from Tim's Vintage Telephone die with foam and stamped it onto my page and cut along the top of the receiver to slot my photo under where I added glossy accents to the shiny parts and the finger dial holes.  Just for fun I then also added glossy accent dots randomly to the page where I had sprayed some water which you can see shining in the photo below.
Thanks for the visit

Bella

2 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Bella. And look at you looking all posh with your short haircut. Bootiful.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bell this is just gorgeous I love it... how old are we that we had those phones, typewriters and alarms... but I would not have changed it for anything :D this is beautiful... So glad you had fun and I just love that photo of you xo

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.