Friday 13 May 2011

Grungy Monday 06


Here is my take on the technique you can find on Tim's blog back in 2007! This is the challenge set by Linda over at StudioL3. (She is now a hot off the press Certified Ranger Educator!)
The post I originally published seems to have disappeared when Blogger had trouble today, so I am re-posting....cant remember a thing I said really except that I was super excited about the tags and rushed home at lunch time to finish them!

I loved this technique so much, I did 3 tags! I made my own stamps to fit Tim's ticket strip die and used one on each of them.

Get well Soon:
I die cut the hessian with my scalop die, printed the daffodil from Darkroom Door in coffee Archival Ink on the background, cut round the flower front and slipped the hessian underneath. I stamped the same Daffodil on shrink plastic and inked it with alcohol inks and shrunk it using the heat gun, wow, it really curled and went ballistic until it had shrunk enough and went flat - my heart was in my socks at one stage I thought it was never going to settle down. I stuck that onto a circle I punched out and had covered with diamond stickles which I then put on pop dots (love those little things) over the gold twine I had wrapped round the tag. I punched the bottom of the tag with an EK Success punch and added stickles circles to the bumps as well as some alcohol inks to link up the colours in the flower. I then ran a line of stickles down the hessian and added my tag. Ta-Da Done!


Thank you:
I used the MS border and corner punch on the bottom and the EK Success punch to cut a strip for the centre which I coloured with gold paint dabber. I stamped the cupcakes, inked them and embossed them and added the ticket. I had made the tag from a Darkroom Door stamp "From the kitchen of" using the shrink plastic, only this time I did it in the oven, much less heart failier!


Happy Birthday:
I stamped the flowers using the blue paint dabber on a foam stamp and then added stickles to the one centre. I made 2 cupcakes with shrink plastic and added them to the stamped Happy Birthday tag which I put on pop dots. I stamped a large cup cake and put it in a little flat shaker box so it looks like birthday cake and added a red stickles cherry to it.

7 comments:

  1. Love the tags! They're pretty on their own, but when they're lined up together I like them even more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Three?!!! That's showing off! These are lovely and just shows how inspirational Linda's challenges are! Can't really choose my fave (like picking a fave child!) but I do like cupcakes...!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Belinda, you've created a Trifecta of Gorgeousness! I love your tags, and your brilliant demonstration of the variety of looks the GM06 technique can produce. I also love how you tied them all together with the strip die tickets. Great composition all the way around!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - 3! It was a fun technique. Really nice details. Great pairing on the MS and EK punches

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm impressed with your technique. It is perfect. AND you gave us 3 different tags to ooh and ahh over.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A terrific trio of tags :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. No shrink plastic for me! Your description of using it would be mild by comparison if I tried it! But so worth the effort for you--these are wonderful tags!

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.