Friday 6 May 2011

Simon Says Stamp and Show: Hands



Well, I have been pondering this one for SSSAS all week and have come up with this mini configurations type box. I have a few empty boxes that I want to decorate and eventually join together to form one huge configuration.

I found the image of the hand in a book my mother was throwing out so "recycled" the book to scan and added the image to my collection of vintage items. A growing trend in my study...

Yesterday, I made the wings for the clock with shrink plastic by stamping them onto it and cutting them out and heating them. This was fun as they wiggle and warp and eventually flatten out when you do it with a heat tool! Your heart goes in your socks cos you think they will never sort themselves out!

I then went on the hunt for my Srinky Dinks stuff from 20 years ago or more when I was a kid and found my Fashion Plates instead which is a system to make different outfits and then color them in with embossing plates to get different textures. I decided to run them through my Cuttle Bug to see if I could get them to emboss and guess what? It worked!

So this is the result of some experimenting with some vintage toys and hot off the press stamps and inks!

I hope you like it!

3 comments:

  1. Dont you just love shrink plastic?? I think it is so clever! love how you have created wings with yours, well done for rescuing that book!!

    have a lovely weekend

    kazx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Everything works so beautifully together Bella, love the shrink plastic wings. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Bella I love the shrink wings!!!
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show!
    HuGs Kim and the design team :)

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.