Saturday 27 August 2011

Simon Says Stamp and Show Some Travel




Over at Simon Says the theme is Travel for this week. I have been wracking my brain as to what to do for this one and then I remembered a set of stamps I bought on sale 2 weeks ago that were all about travel! They duly got taken out of their plastic and inked up!



I have an old atlas that I had as a kid that is so out of date now it is only worth decorating things with, so I dug it out and found the places my hubby and I visited in 1998 when we did a 6 week back pack tour of England, Scotland, France and Italy. I took 36 rolls of 36 exposures in that short time and I remember it costing me a fortune to process when we returned! Not only that, there was no album big enough to handle that many photos, so I set about making one from scratch that is A3 in size. It weighs a ton but is great to look through and reminis.

So I took some snaps with my digi camera of the photos in the album and printed them out teeny tiny to fit on my little cube that is only 8cm x8cm big! They look a bit purple in theses pics of the cube, but they look "normal" in real life...


I cut out the relevant cities and stamped the images on to the maps and then added the photos, glued them onto the wooden cube and added the door knob from Tim Holtz to the lid - adhered with glossy accents and hey presto, a lovely memento of a trip done many moons ago.

Oh and no project of mine goes without a dose of Distress ink, in this case Walnut Stain, which I used on the edges of the cube.

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant! Love all your details, especially the map! Fabulous keepsake!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Belinda. Your travel box is wonderful! Love the little train and tracks going around the lid. One of my grandsons is a train nut and he would love that stamp! :) The map background is wonderful and I love how you randomly added more stamped images and your photos from past trips. Very nicely done! Thanks for sharing your art with us at Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge. <3 Candy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, Belinda-- lovely work. Please would you let me know the Provenance of the stamp set-- the Train Tracks are a must-have (I am the Train nut... no kids to blame it on!)manufacturer? souce, Please! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh very nice!! I like the knob at the top and how you have each side adorned with a different photo : )

    Thanks so much for entering the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!!!
    -Sarah

    Please:
    *Follow Simon Says Stamp on Twitter
    *Like us on Facebook

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.