Wednesday 26 October 2011

What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday 125


Well hello fellow Wednesday desk hoppers!  Glad to see you back again...and for those of you who have never visited my South African desk, WELCOME!


On my desk this week is the canvas I am busy with to use during my demonstrations of Tim and Rangers products at the various Scrapbook shops and outlets here in my home town.  I am finding that there is so much to tell people about each product that I thought it a good idea to make this canvas using each product to create its name and then (and this is still to be decided how) I will put all the attributes and applications of each product written under it...or next to it...or some flip up flaps...or something!

Then on my craft sheet is the first finished scrapbook page of my good friends wedding photos which I took of her in July.  I took over 1000 photos and now to put them together in an album is quite daunting, but at least we have a start...at one page an evening every 2 weeks or so, this is going to take us a lifetime!



Thanks to all of you who wished me well for my big demo, it went well and I had about 25 people sitting and some standing for 2 hours while I tried to cram in as much about each product as I could.  I was very humbled that so many people came and wanted to learn about Rangers products.  This photo was taken by my friend Sarina from RS&E who import Tim and Rangers products to our country.  I was so engrossed in my demo, that I clean forgot to ask someone to take photos for me!  Here I am about to use the Color Washes on an apron over some masks and stencils.


Our Desk hop host - Julia (of Stamping Ground) is showing off her beautiful sewing skills this week over in her craft room, not much of her desk to be seen as her daughter is modeling the costume Julia made her that she is going to use in some or other production, I can't remember what...(Pokemon?) but hop on over there and join in the desk hop of world wide proportions!

Don't know what happened last week, but I know there were issues on my blog when people wanted to comment, hope I have fixed that problem this week...'cos I love to hear from you!

So that's my desk this week, now I am off to peruse yours!

Bella

18 comments:

  1. How wonderful to be spending your days demoing ranger products! looks like you are going to be super busy. Love the layout too - think of the album as a long work in progress! Have a great week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad your first demo went well, good luck with the wedding album, it will be worth it in the end! Have a happy Wednesday! Mel #59

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that great? You are doing what you love and sharing it! I'm sure your next workshop will be successful too! Patsy from
    HeARTworks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great news that your demo went well, hope there are many more! I liked your tag from the previous post :D
    Hugs, LLJ #43 xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck with the Ranger demos! That is truely a fabulously large demo class! awesome! The layout on the desk looks great too! Good luck with the canvas. I am sure that it will turn out fine! Thanks for sharing your WOYWW! -Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Bella, wow what a huge group at your demo, you are very brave, well done.
    Love from,
    Rachel and Angela.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on a great demo! Sounds awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a super idea Bella! That board is a fantastic way for people to learn and understand the products.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting board Bella, should help you no end when you're busy demoing things. Love the LO too, definitely a labour of love!

    Hugs
    Brenda 84

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like it all went very well for you, the board is a great idea too.
    Have a lovely crafty week ahead.
    Nina x
    Check out Design Team call on our blog

    ReplyDelete
  11. The wedding album will be amazing - and most definitely a labour of love.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Colour wash on an apron using stencils and masks.... wish I could have been there!!
    Well done on a successful day though!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So glad your demo went so well, Bella! Congratulations! Thanks for the nice comment on my blog - I'm sure my mum will appreciate her pressie - it IS a good idea, isn't it - not only are cards horrendously expensive these days, but people always appreciate something hand made, esp. something you've made yourself! Happy WOYWW, Shoshi #85

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well done on your successful demo. You can see that everyone is deeply engrossed what you are doing. That canvas with the different products on is an excellent idea.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congratulations on your demo. sounds as if it went very well indeed. you seem to be enjoying it,

    Happy WOYWW
    Lou #63

    ReplyDelete
  16. Well, I've never been to South Africa before! Happy late WOYWWED!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Looks like a great workshop and I am sure we can just see your hand on the right. I wish I could travel to SA for a class I love all the TH and ranger products.

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.