Wednesday 5 September 2012

What's on my Workdesk Wednesday 170? lazer chippies and a crease mat.

Ok so yet another week has evaporated before my eyes!  Are you feeling the same way about this year?  I really need a pause button so I can catch my breath and then carry on.  I still have August up on my calendar and I am too scared to turn it over cos I might not like what I see!  I guess I am just going to have to suck it up and get on with it cos September is marching on regardless!


So what you see on my desk is the result of some shopping I did yesterday when I went to collect my die and crease mat that the Scrapbook Factory shop had especially ordered in for me.  Love that store it always makes a plan to get you what you want.  I had seen Tim use the crease mat in a video shot during CHA this July and realized I needed one to stop the paper cracking on the score lines when I die cut my pocket envelope and mini easel. (Tim thought he was the only one who had never heard of this crease mat...he was not alone...)

I got myself a new web cam during the week and have found that shooting my CC101 Student University videos with it have worked a real treat.  It still has some pixalization but I think that is our countries lack of band width speed to upload the image fast enough to You Tube.  The image quality is still much better than my "dinosaur" round one which I have had for 3 years or more... and it uploads instantly instead of taking 10 hours using my sony camera...it has been a learning curve of note!

So now I am off to see what you have to show on your desk for me to oogle at curtisy of our hostess Julia and her blog called Stamping Ground where she tries valiantly to keep us all in order...

Thanks for the visit

Bella

19 comments:

  1. Morning, Bella! Well done for ordering the crease mat... As I only scrap sporadically and do my shopping in batches like at this week's Convention, I made the mistake of assuming (yes I do know the old joke) that the wholesalers (who wish us & the stores like Carolyn xx to stop ordering independently & use their local agencies) would intelligently order all the bits required to make the dies work (In the Bag die needs the crease mat & the really big dies need wide extended cutting pads)-- Nope. Oh well. Enjoy creating-- will stop whinging now...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of goodies on your desk. Have fun. Sandy :) #50

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hiya, its been a while but it's good to be back and taking a peek at your creative world again. Looking busy and fun. Love the lazer cuts, wow they are fab. Hope you have a good week too.
    Neil @ 62

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Belinda.I agree the year has flown by!.Enjoy your new camera and I must get down to buying some die cuts from Enmarc the y are fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just had a months hol;iday and I swear I can only remember about 5 days. Somebody must have stolen the rest. I bought that Bicycle too, Now I just have to decide what to do with it.
    Happy WOYWW!
    Tertia #70

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all the die cuts. I haven't seen those around here! I wonder if they haven't made it to Oklahoma yet!!! SOON I hope. I have the TH die and I use it for all sorts of things one of the best dies I have bought. Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such a nice comment. Vickie #66

    ReplyDelete
  7. You can tell I'm on a diet because when I read 'lazer chippies', I immediately thought of fast food!!! Sigh......
    The die cuts are cool too :D
    Hugs, LLJ #81 xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Bella, happy WOYWW, good to see you here. I know exactly what you mean about the time flying by (we need a pause button). Loving all your new dies and look forward to seeing them in your projects. x Gillian #89

    ReplyDelete
  9. What lovely goodies you have there. We still have August on our calendar too, we thought about changing it, it's the thought that counts right?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lots of new stash - yummy ! The time flies embellishment is very apt - where did the summer go ? Just a soggy non=event here in Wales ! Have fun with your new goodies & do show us ! Ali #57

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Bella,

    I noticed the tag dies - now I wonder if I need that?!?

    Isn't it amazing how this year has flown by. I'd love to have a "pause" button!

    Happy WOYWW
    Hugs, Kay #15

    ReplyDelete
  12. Where I live has just uploaded new things to increase the broadband width and it is so much better.
    What is a crease mat? Never heard of one either - off to investigate.
    Love the pink mat you have - and great laser stuff on it.
    Hugs, Neet 84 xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi there Bella, ah you are having fun here - and yes love your new stash- well done you - thanks for sharing!! and so very glad that the atc has arrived over there safely shared yours last week too! and love my "effalump"! ah can see a rash of crease mats no idea what they are either off to peek..Thanks so much for popping over and thanks for sharing ~ happy WOYWW! Shaz in Oz. x #48

    ReplyDelete
  14. Here is the link if anyone wants it and it called a crease pad by Sizzix der!

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1XcavElAjI

    ReplyDelete
  15. There's some gorgeous stash there on your desk Bella! I especially love the little bike and the lamp posts.
    I also made camera lens cards on Saturday at the workshop as well as the secret message cards so look out soon for a tutorial on my blog. Will be a few days to give me time to get to it.
    thanks for visiting and have a good sunny week.
    JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  16. I have never heard of the crease mat. One more thing I will have to look up. Love those laser cuts embellishments. We have a number of brands in OZ and the detail they can achieve with the laser cutting is wonderful. I usually just spray them with glimmermist and dry. Always look great.
    Sandra @144

    ReplyDelete
  17. Wauw, love your shoppingitems, like the gears mostly.(is that good english) Is that from wood?

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I need to check out this crease mat. Those embellies are wonderful. #127

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a good thing to have on your desk! Your haul has got me wanting to go shopping! Mika #146

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.