Thursday 9 August 2012

Women's Day event at the Scrapbook Factory Shop

Today in South Africa we celebrate Women's Day with a public holiday, so to mark this special day dedicated to us, the Scrapbook Factory Shop held a whole day event. from 9am to 5pm with the yummiest lunch catered by Yvette on the right of Carolyn in the photo below.
We arrived to a wonderful selection of gifts on our desks which I have unpacked and put out for you to see below.
This was my spot in the corner together with my friends (please note I really stuck to my guns and travelled light! - that tote bag is all I took)
Then Carolyn made sure that each and every one of us got a fabulous lucky draw prize all to the same value and then there were some lovely big prizes up for grabs for which our names all went back into the hat. I was lucky enough to be one of the pus minus 7 winners in this category where I won the 3 embossing folders tied up with ribbon on the left hand side of the pic below and the rest was from my lucky draw earlier in the day.
I also did some retail therapy...
To make my day Extra special, a fellow on line Scrapper, Anita popped into the shop and heard I was in class, so she came in to say hello...how cool is that?
We made 6 cards before lunch and did a double page spread after lunch followed by a 12"x12" board with a  mirror which I still need to tackle.  I have a humdinger of a cold so by 4:30 in the afternoon I was a little past it, and I will do it another day...

I will add my photos to this as soon as I work out what set will go with this  layout.

Thanks so much to Tanya our teacher for the whole day (who I quite forgot to take a photo of) and Carolyn (our Host) for a fabulous day spent in wonderful company, doing what I love best!

Bella


4 comments:

  1. What a fantastic day you have had today. Wish we had a Women's Day in the UK or even a Secretary's Day would be great! Wish I had been with you, we could have shared a box of tissues!! LOL!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful pics. Thanks for sharing Bella. Looks like fun was had by all! Hugs Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of Women's Day.. and definitely no better way to celebrate than scrapbooking! Super cute projects!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Who can worried u,and who can love u so much,who can support u,and who can encourage u in all worries,who can live for u,she is one and only the best mother and the best women in the world....happy womens day...from..
    Womens Day Quotes 2016
    Womens Day Images 2016
    International womens day
    happy women’s day
    Womens Day images
    international women day
    womens day image wishes

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.