Thursday 3 July 2014

July Tag for Tim's 12 tags of 2014

Every month I get excited for the 1st of the month because Tim presents us with another tag full of wonderful techniques for us to try.  It is kind of a mini Christmas anticipation feeling, like being a kid all over again!  I love it!

This month was no different and you can see his step by step instructions here.

Just over a year ago, I was gifted a whole lot of Sizzix dies and paper storage cubes etc by a wonderful lady who has since become a dear friend.  Some of the dies she gave me were perfect for this tag!  How AWESOME is that?
I really built up my "sand" to give the shells something to stick into and to add depth to the bottom of the tag.
 I did not have distress embossing powder in the right colour for the starfish, so I used distress glitter instead.
It is winter here, so this little guy took a long time to crack!  But crack he did and oh so nicely!  In the photo below you can see his depth too as I cut him from foam board. 
Roll on 1st of August...I am ready for the next mini Christmas feeling! 

6 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous version,that little seahorse is super cute! I really like this months tag,think it's bringing out the best in everyone :)

    Hugs
    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved his tag too! Your take is wonderful! Love the scene!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Visiting from the Tim Holtz site where I saw your Tag. Wonderful use of the Sizzix dies to make your scene.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tag! Love the thickness of your seahorse.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great tag. I love your seahorse and the way the shells are buried in the sand, it's a lovely technique isn't it x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful job on this tag! You've done an awesome job interpreting the tag and making it unique to you!

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.