Wednesday 30 September 2015

What's on my Workdesk Wednesday? 3.5m Airship

Well in truth it is not on my desk, but in my car port!  It is however for Truth!  Truth Coffe!  The place Tim Holtz went mad for when he came to South Africa last year!

Here is how it started.

I started with some hoopla hoops, electrical conduit and cable ties.

Then used packaging tape to hold the ends together.  Added the vuvuzela for a nose cone and tested the heavy metal fan I had bought as a prop.  Had to can that idea as it was too heavy and I could not attach it safely to the structure.

Here she is half covered with her fabric skin.

Then I painted her

And added a fluorescent strip light, McGuyver style!

she flies!

And even glows in the dark!

Here I am making the prop and the huge cogs which will be on the wall behind her.

This is what will hang under her... It is the top half of Truth's building.
Here are the finished "wing like" stabilizers modeled on their logo and the finished prop.

Now I have to put this all together and do her final coat of paint and add cogs...

Only the weather is horrid, nothing is drying, so I am waiting for better weather to continue.

So that is me this week!


12 comments:

  1. Bella, you never cease to amaze me with your work. You make such fabulous things and things which my imagination would never dream up. I can't wait to see all of this put together - you are amazing!
    Hugs, Neet 6 xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bella this is awesome. Looking forward to seeing it finished. Barb#24

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are amazing. What a wonderful imagination.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! That is totally cool. #35

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are so talented in what you can make! Love your Zeppelin! Look forward to seeing it all put together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, wow and wow. Stunning work and truly amazing.
    sandra de @12

    ReplyDelete
  7. Outstanding work! I like the new (ish?) blog background too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG, that is huge! Do show us when it's all put together. I bet it will be steampunk galore! zsuzsa @ InkyDinkyDoodle #36

    ReplyDelete
  9. Blown away here! I can't wait to see the end result...fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow!! Just WOW!! I can't wait to see the finished version :-)
    Hugs, LLJ 17 xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good grief girly, what a fabulous and incredible piece of work..structural engineering, electricity..it's got it all! You don't envisage these things and then decide it's too big a project do you - awesome characteristic!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is some awesome project Bella, can't wait to see it complete. Have a great weekend, Angela 26 x

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.