Sunday 24 June 2012

Tim Holtz Idea-ology triptych

Ok, so I am now officially smitten with Finnabair's work on her blog.  She uploaded a page called Tim Holtz - Journey and I thought I would also create something using as much of Tim's idea-ology range as possible.  This is a one off for sure as the products cost a fortune and I normally eek them out across as many pages and projects as possible, but seeing as I had dinner with the man last April 2011 and I have not yet gotten round to scrapping the event, I thought I would do this triptych in his honour.
I painted the sides of 3 6"x6" canvases black and added his color core paper to the tops of them and using the Graphic 45 hinges I joined them all together.
I started with his resist kraft paper which I punched randomly and inked with Distress inks in Walnut Stain, Spiced Marmalade and Barn Door.  I gave each one a splat of Picket Fence Distress stain and dried it quickly so that it stayed nice and white. 

 After gluing this onto the canvases, I set about adding the idea-ology.  The final touch is the Rock Candy Crackle paint that I added randomly to each canvas and set aside to dry.


Below are the close ups of each canvas.



Thanks for the visit.

Bella

7 comments:

  1. Gorgeous chickie, love all the elements, and am green with envy that you've met the guys in person, maybe some day that dream will come true for me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A memorable occasion, indeed! BTW the (mis)spelling of "eek" is totally appropriate in the context of your wanting to make your stash last!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - Tim will be VERY proud of this work of art - when can we attend the class?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love, Love, LOVE this! Truly fabulous and brilliant!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is too great! Too good for words- I really fon't know what to say! Using the kraft resist paper as the background is genius. And the way you arranged the metal bits everywhere, ESPECIALLY the 'halo' or 'sunrays' over the word band- just WOW.

    And then, the picture- so jealous! I want my picture with Mr. Holtz and Mr. Mario, dammit!!!

    What a great project!

    -kory

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous art work! I love all your designs. I have had a enjoyable look about your fab blog.
    Hugs,
    Terri

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your Canvas'.....I might need to give this a go. Great Blog. Thanks for sharing. Now a follower.

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.