Tim's Tattered flower die challenge. I have been sitting on the fence with this challenge as there is just so much one can do with this die. I have used it so many times to make different flowers that my mind was spinning as to which style to make to enter. In the end, I made two projects and will enter both. So this is project 2.
Once the base was done, I added my embellies consisting of plaster board tape, tile spacers(xxx), game pieces and the key hole together with wire and bling. I cut the Hardware findings from grunge board and covered it with Tarnished Brass Distress Stain. The silk flowers and burlap ones were bought from my local scrapbook store and the main feature flower I made as with Tim's Tattered flower die follows:
Tammy Tutterow has the most amazing step out set of photos and explanations on how she made vintage looking flowers using cotton crinoline. I went off to every fabric shop in town and could not find it here in Cape Town South Africa so I bought fabric stiffener which is nylon... I die cut the layers, two of each flower and sprayed them with the Stream Color wash, then I layered them all together with the brad and blow dried it with my Ranger heat tool which gets VERY hot. Using tweezers to hold the flower, I held the front of the heat tool really close to the edges of the petals on purpose so that they melted and curled up.
Thanks for the visit, Hope you liked my version of Tim's Tattered Flower!