Sunday 25 August 2013

Market day!

Last year I was invited to participate in the Jewish New Year Market and again this year.  I have quite a few Jewish students and grew up with Jewish neighbours so am quite comfortable with their traditions.

I have spent the past 5 to 6 months making Jewish specific cards for this event (mostly between 8 and 10pm) as I teach during the day and some evenings  as well as nearly every Saturday which is why it took me that long to make 110 cards for today.  The good news is that I sold 70+ cards so it was all worth it in the long run and the ones I have over I will be able to sell to my students!  I also had two friends who make and sell cards give me their stock for the stand so that it would look nice and full and I sold a fair amount of theirs too.

I am really chuffed with the day and am off to put my feet up

Bella

4 comments:

  1. Well done Honey. Glad it was ok for you.
    Hugs
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. BElla... how fabulous... That is a fair number of cards to sell at one fair. Love that you cornered the market too very clever. They look stunning. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely looking table. Congrats on fabulous sales!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, that is a good number sold in one day! Never had any doubts you would sell, your work is always so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.