Friday 4 October 2019

Steampunk Christmas tags


I used 4 Snip Art laser cut tags

Tim Holtz grit paste was pushed through a Unique Hobby Products stencil which I purchased at the craft fair recently.  You can go online www.hobbyproducts.nl to see what they have.

I scraped the grit paste on thinly so that I could level it with the top of the plastic of the stencil

I did an experiment with some rusting powder on the far left tag...

Being the control freak that I am... I did not like the randomness of the rust outcome...It did not match the other 3 tags in my set...
So I painted it to match the rest of the tags using Black, Ochre, Burnt Siena and Indian Red Oxide acrylic paints
I die cut green paper with the Festive Greenery die and painted some card stock gold using Finnabair's Vintage Gold Icing paste which I then die cut with Tim's Christmas Ribbon and Vintage Noel die.  The noel got run through the rivet die and I aged it with black acrylic paint.  I also cut 25 from the Christmas Bells die and passed it through the rivet folder and aged it to match the metal embellishments.

The gorgeous steampunk metal embellishments are from Mitform Castings and I added some Burnt Siena in the steam gauge to make it stand out a bit and relate to the background too.




4 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous! I would love to make my Christmas cards similar to these..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always so lovely to get wonderful inspiration from you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello...pinning these! LOVE the gold pieces, and love to see a steampunk Christmas something...never can I have enough. Just awesome and gorgeous tags!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very nice blog. if you wanted to earn money so check this website.
    play bazaar
    satta king

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.