Monday 18 July 2011

Free as a Bird!


Well Hello Bloggers

Here is my Simon Says Stamp and show some embossing, even while we are still on Monday! Well only just as it is nearly 11pm here in South Africa as I post this.

Today was Nelson Mandela's 93rd Birthday and the whole nation celebrated with him! He is such an inspiration to us all in our rainbow nation.

So here is my card made in his honor!

I started with the Blue Bird Cage which I embossed by putting a lazer cut through my Vagabond with my paper.

To enhance it further, I covered it with Distress ink and clear embossing powder. I then sprayed the whole thing with perfect pearls mist and left it to dry before punching the edge with a MS punch. I die cut the bird and cage from Tim Holtz's Sizzix range on shiny card stock which I then used alcohol inks on to make them bright and interesting.


Our flag I stamped on Shrink plastic, colored with alcohol inks and shrank it to look like a waving flag. To make the background more textured I used my music stamp with clear embossing ink to create a watermark on the paper.

I hope you enjoyed my tribute to an amazing man! Please let me know what you think of it by leaving a comment below.

Have a great week.

Bella

5 comments:

  1. Your card's beautiful! I love the embossed birdcage!!
    Our oldest granddaughter is in SA for 3 months - she shared her celebration of Mandela's birthday with us on Facebook today. What an incredible man he is!
    Thank you for sharing your card with us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow Bella.firstly I must agree with you Mandela is a hero!! a truelly inspirational man! your project is perfect where do i begin? embossing using a die cut,an excellant idea! yout flag too cute ! loved it...they make S.African flag stamps,amazing!your colours your symbolism all wonderful...this project rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. ps. Bella tell your Hubby that he is a clever and useful man!! wish my hubby could make me a cubby or two! And bella if you hear of Tim returning to S.A. again in the future please give me a shout i would love to come and scrap with you ladies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes Mr. Mandella is truly an inspiration to all.
    I love your card, I would never have thought to put a die cut through to emboss it on paper, hmmmm must try that.I love how that cage turned out and your flag is wonderfull. Isn't shrink plastic fun?
    Keep creating girlie.
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.