Monday 1 April 2019

Colourful Tags

Mid December 2018, my hubby got transferred from South Africa to Berlin, starting 1 April!  It's amazing how fast things can be done and how quickly time goes, because today I am writing this in Berlin as my hubby sets off for his first day of work and I take on the new role of home maker and home hunter!  We have temporary accommodation for 2 months while we search for our own place.

I have brought a small collection of craft stuff with me in my hand luggage as the rest of my crafty stash sails its way over in a container!

I knew I would need some sanity in this new city.

On Friday last week I went on a mission and found an art/craft shop and a pukka gem of a craft shop..

At the first shop Edelhoff... I was very well behaved and only purchased one stencil...

It had the most incredible selection of stuff... everything from wool to craft to art equipment.
 It is massive!

Below I am outside the Stempel Bar ... My  new heaven on earth!

I was very happy to see the Ranger sign!  Apparently the notice above it says "Your husband called and you can spend endlessly"  Wouldn't that be wonderful!  For good measure... I took mine with!


I think I am going to be very happy here!

Although the things I purchased at this store will have to wait till I can use them as my Vagabond is on its way in the container!

Inspired by being in such awesome creative shops, I set about playing on a tag.  Amazing how much stuff one can fit in the little bag!

 working on the dining room table...
 I started with distress paint through my new stencil in Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers.
 When this was dry I inked over the top in the same colours of distress ink.
 I found my Letter it set of stamps by Ranger and added some wording.  Then I chose some pre die cut things from my stash which I had brought with me to cut up and add to my tag and filled in with a few stamped images and dot fade stencil work.
 The black edges did not show up on the black table background... amazing how different the same tag looks on a different colour!


Last night I set about creating some tags to while away some time...  This time I played with my new gradient stencils in circle, square and hexagon.... using the same distress ink colours again:  Mustard Seed, Picked Raspberry and Peacock Feathers.

Here they are:






3 comments:

  1. What a big move for you and your husband! Your tags are beautiful. It was great to see the email for your blog as I haven't visited for a while. Looking forward to following your crafty adventures in a new land! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow- exciting! I'm looking forward to hearing all about Berlin and seeing what you create.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow you didn't just move across town you moved to another country. :) Love the tags and that store is huge!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.