Sunday, 15 March 2020

Cards made from Stamperia leftovers of Mechanical Sea World papers

I am very grateful that I am a crafter at this time in the world where the Corona Virus has taken hold and we are all in self induced isolation.  My husbands office is closed for 2 weeks and my son's school will be closed from Tuesday... go figure... why not Monday is beyond me... but I digress...

I plan on making lots of things over the next few weeks as I have no excuse not to be at my desk!  Other than to cook and clean the flat of course...

I recently received a parcel from Stamperia and there was a stunning stencil for cards in it.  (You can see the unboxing in my previous post)  They sent it to me for my Alice Egg which I posted on their Facebook group and it came 2nd in a challenge...

I decided to use up the leftover bits and pieces of paper from decorating my chair (see previous post) and cut them up into usable 6"x6" card bases and any other interesting bits got torn and inked edges, ready for adding to the cards.
 I recently purchased these two stamps and the glamour paste as well as the crackle paste and wanted to use them on the cards too... I didn't get round to using the stamps though...

I had a long strip of the steel plate paper and decided it would be great for the stencil.
 First I masked off the excess of the stencil with washi tape
 Then I spread the paste through the stencil.
 It is deliciously shiny, but hard to read at this stage.
 So I re-used the tape from the stencil and masked off the paper so that I could ink the block with Vintage Photo and black soot distress ink.
 To remove the excess ink on the stencilled image, I replaced the stencil over the top and cleaned it with a baby wipe.  Excuse the upside down image... I just cant get it to behave!
 It is much easier to read now.
 I removed the tape and chopped the strip up.
 This is what I had to work with...
I used some of the Glamour paste on the chipboard laser cuts from Antonis range with the ladies face.
 I die cut some Tim Holtz cogs and added them to the cards as well as a hinge I found cut out already in my stash, which I chopped in half and used on 2 different cards.
 Then I added the Crackle paste with a spatula and waited for it to dry... the thicker the paste, the bigger the cracks...
Here is a close up of the cracks, once I had added some distress crayon.

I decided to make an easel card for the last one to use up the extra sentiment.

1 comment:

  1. I like it! I like it! I like it! ;-)
    Wonderful art!
    Creatieve groetjes, Anja v K


Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.