Wednesday 4 March 2020

Octoman Stamperia journal page

 This is my journal page that I have created using the left overs from my egg and album cover.
 I started by stamping my page with this huge Antonis stamp using archival ink.  It doesn't look so big on the packaging, but if you look below, you can see it fills the whole bag!  Its gorgeous!

I sprayed the whole page with frayed burlap which gives such cool effects.



I have a short video showing the rice paper that I added to the page before spraying it again with frayed burlap distress oxide...
 I had purchased a page from the Mechanical Sea World with Octoman on it and cut it out with scissors and my cutter.
 I then coated him with a layer of clear gel to seal the paper.
 When this was dry, I glued him to my page which I had covered with frayed burlap distress Oxide spray.
 The reason for covering him in gel was so that I could use distress crayons around him, to make him pop out of the page.
 On his right hand side, I used Walnut stain for the shaddow and picket fence for the highlight.
 On his right hand side, I used cracked pistacio to bring in a bit more colour and to compliment the colours he already had.
 I added some of the cracked pistachio to other places on the page too... this helps to move your eye around the whole page. 
 I love how the crayon makes him pop off the page.

2 comments:

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.