Wednesday 3 March 2021

Mysterious world caught in a Time Machine

 

Dear Reader

This is a project I created using a long list of products (I have added it at the end of this post) where I just played and experimented using my favorite game... WHAT IF...

I created a super speedy version of my 3 hours (or more) of playing here: https://youtu.be/ArSTjiDzvx8

Below you can see the 14cm plastic Christmas ornament covered with the Allegro paints mixed with Pouring medium...  


I cleaned the ball pieces with alcohol and then applied a coat of part 1 Crackle Vetro on the outside of the halves and let this dry.  I used this to help make the paint stick.

Allegro Bianco KAL11
Allegro Nero KAL 103
Allegro Terra d'Ombra KAL106
Allegro Mattone KAL20
Allegro Turchese KAL25
Allegro Arancione KAL08

I mixed 5 (not including nero) allegro paints with the Pouring medium in ratio: 1 part water, 1 part paint and 1 part Pouring medium.  I gave all the colours except white 3 drops of silicone and poured them all into the white cup.  This was then poured over the dome.

When this was dry, I sprayed the inside of one dome with the Mirror mist and the outside of the other one.  

To create this I used the Pizza box as a base which I covered in primer.  I then used two sheets of the A3 clocks around the edges which I crunched and then glued on to give a more weathered look.

I glued the 12x12 London map on the back of the box  
The half ball with the mirror mist on the outside, I covered with the London map rice paper and added the printed metal strip and lock from the 12 x 12 paper pad.

I cut the clock out of the paper sheet and glued the mechanical acetate A4 sheet behind it.  I cut the same size circle in the lid of the box.  I then glued on the paper and cut the door out of the box.

I cut the same circle out of the small 8x8 London map paper to put on the inside of the door, ready for later.

I painted the inside of the door with the white Allegro and Vicace Oro paint using a dry brush. I also painted the clock from the Cuts and Scraps and some of the gears at the same time for inside the one half of the ball.  I also used this technique on the base of the inside of the box that could be seen when standing open.

While I had the paint out, I dry brushed the white over the rice paper round the edge of the box to give it a worn aged look.

I put the Arhip sheet inside the box as a background using double sided tape

I glued the painted gears and clock inside the dome with the rice paper on as well as the Lady sitting on the box from the sticker sheet.and added the goggles sticker to the inside of the mirrored dome.

I poked a hole in the door to put the ring fastener in.  (the ring and the round plate were removed from it.) I placed the rice paper dome on the outside of the acetate and the other one on the inside and used the ring fastener to join them together.

I glued the small London map sheet in place on the inside of the door and cut the top so that the dome could turn.  To hide the "legs" of the fastener, I added a painted gear.

For the finishing touches I added the left over stickers to the outside of the box, using the two hinges back to back as a handle and to stop the door falling into the box.  So that the stickers stood out from the background paper, I watered down some nero Allegro paint and gave them a drop shadow.











I have used:
The Pizza box as a base
Pouring medium KE45
Crackle Vetro Part 1 KE18P
14cm ball KB01BSQ
Lady Vagabond 12x12 paper pad SBBL82
Lady Vagabond 8x8 paper pad SBBS27
Chipboard stickers Lady Vagabond DFLCB18
A4 clear background sheets SBA408
76 Alcohol KE53
Mirror Effect KE51
Rice paper DFSA3084
Rice paper DFSA4522
Allegro Bianco KAL11
Allegro Nero KAL 103
Allegro Terra d'Ombra KAL106
Allegro Mattone KAL20
Allegro Turchese KAL25
Allegro Arancione KAL08
Vivace Oro Zecchino Metallico KAB87
Mixed Media Glue DC28M
Extra strong glue DC07GN
Primer K3P29G
Cuts and Scraps KLSPDA412
Ring fasteners SBA400

2 comments:

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.