Sunday 23 April 2023

Steampunk Cat Mixed media canvas

 

Hello dear Reader

Welcome to the first project made with my new range of stamps, stencils and papers!

If there is a link with a line under it, click on it to take you to the product on Funky Fossil's website.

This is a 12x12" canvas that I covered with the 8x8" papers called Engine Room by Funky Fossil.  The pealed paint page in the middle is a full sheet and then I cut the purple one in 4 to fill the sides and the tread plate into quarters to go in the corners.  I inked the edges of the paper with Black Soot Distress ink.
Next I worked out where I wanted the Laser cut gears.
I stamped the cat from Steampunk Pets into some Hearty Clay, tore the edges, curled them over and let it dry.  Then I added Distress Oxide spray in Brushed Corduroy and filled in the line work with black paint.  When that was all dry, I rubbed gold wax over the top to bring out the details. (I was having so much fun doing this that I forgot to photograph the step out progress - I will have to do a whole post on this process another time)
I sprayed the wooden gears with Black Soot distress Oxide and let them dry.  Once I glued everything in place I added glossy accents where I wanted the giant micro beads and then finished off the gears with the half pearls in 2 sizes.
I also added some black soot distress to the edges of the clay.
Below is the finished canvas where you can see that I used the gears mask with black soot distress ink on the 4 purple pieces to add extra interest.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.