Friday 17 July 2015

Art Journal Page

I often play in my journal for fun, testing ideas and products to see how far I can push things.

This page started as a place to play with two of Tim's new colours in his range of Distress Stain sprays.... Mermaid Lagoon and Cracked Pistachio with water.
I went for "geometric" style stencils and played on top of the dried sprayed base.
Then I added the chipboard letters which I purchased to use as masks followed by the Hazel and Ruby mask letters and over sprayed them with neat Mermaid Lagoon.
Here you can see that I have lifted off the chipboard letters and decided to spray Picket fence Distress stain through my dot stencil while the R&H letters were still on the page.
I lifted some the R&H letters to find that there wasn't enough of a contrast between them and the background so I rubbed over them with some black soot Distress inks and gave them a drop shadow using black soot distress marker while they were still stuck to the page as this makes life easier.
Finally I added a highlight on the right hand side of the letters with a white Poska pen and a drop shadow on SOME TIMES with the New Hickory Smoke distress Marker.
Lastly I filled the empty space with my new Finn stamp...Trust the Magic.

1 comment:

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.