Friday 31 May 2013

Typewriter card tutorial

I made a test run Typewriter card the other day and it got "snapped" in the middle of my desk when I did my What's On Your Workdesk Wednesday photo and there was a fair amount of interest in it so I thought I would do a quick tutorial on how I made it.

Take a 6" square sheet of card stock. (I cut a 12" sheet into 4)  You can use any colour, I just happened to have a spare pink piece on my desk for the test run and used that, then I quite liked the result, so have done this one in it too!  I think it is quite retro and funky!

Fold it in half and place it on the Typewriter die with the fold just below the top of the typewriter so it falls just inside the blades which are hidden in the foam.

Run this through your machine and pop all the loose bits out.  They mostly fall out and does not require much fiddle.

BECAUSE they all fell out, I designed an "inner" for the card and here it is as a JPG you can save to your PC by right clicking on it and selecting "save image as".  I get 4 out of a 12" sheet.  I chose Chocolate brown as I liked the contrast in colour.

Then I needed some "paper" in the typewriter to add my sentiment onto and here it is as a JPG...   I get 16 out of a 12" sheet.  For this I chose boring white...and  inked the edges with walnut stain Distress ink.

I then stuck it all together.  It really does not take long.


Hope this tut was helpful.

Thanks for the visit

Bella

4 comments:

  1. This is a very cool card. I saw this die when I went to see Carolyn when I was in CT and thought NAH I will never use it.. but I really like this little card... I really think I have to come and play by you when we come in July....:D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Thanks for the tut, I am going to give this a go... who doesn't like old typewriters?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow thank you, and yes please to the file, I have an ecraft if I can get the thing to cut anything out properly which seems to be a rare occurance when it is in the mood!

    Cazzy x

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.