Thursday 10 December 2020

Olga Heldwein - Design Team Member Post

 


Hello Creative people !!!


Its my very first inspiration for (I cannot still believe I say that ) Beinda Basson Creative Team . I have an honor to be first team member featured here.


As my very first inspiration I made an Ornament. It could be used the whole year around as decor, but I have made mine with Christmas in mind.

For the base of my project I used Stamperia Soft Clay and  formed some beads and T-shaped base. Then I covered it with paint to give it some color and a nice contrast to the resin casts. The gold looking beads are Clear cabochon glued together with gold leaf between.

To stick them together I Used crystal Resin.

All other elements are resin casts gilded with gold flakes.

I'm absolutely in love with all Lady Vagabond molds. There is SO MUCH DETAIL in each and every single one of them . They are steampunk themed and I just cannot pass by anything steampunk.

The Ornamental parts on my piece are made from parts of key moulds cast in resin ( If you cut them apart just after curing while resin is still soft you can get seamless cut)  For the silver accent I have used snowflake clear resin cast  treated with Mirror Effect paint on the back so it looks super vintage and reflective.

Wings took a little bit of fuss as I ran only skeleton using resin in the very deepest area of my mould and after gilding I stuck on  rice paper and covered with resin.

To add final touch I used my beloved patina Ombra.

Overall the whole project turned out better than I expected and ornaments like this would be very cool last minute Christmas makes if you have some time for Crystal resin to cure.


Written by:  Olga Heldwein for Belinda Basson Design Team

Products used :

Soft Mould A4 Lady Vagabond fly Machine

CME Code: K3PTA482


Soft Mould A4 Lady Vagabond keys and locks

CME Code: K3PTA485


A3 Rice paper packed Lady Vagabond clock and mechanisms

CME Code: DFSA3084

Soft Mould A5 size Snowflakes

CME Code: K3PTA556


Soft Clay 80 gr. white

CME Code: K3P58


507 Home Deco Soft Color 110ml - Arsenic

CME Code: KAH08

508 Home Deco Soft Color 110ml - Water green

CME Code: KAH09


Gilding glue 80 ml.

CME Code: DC02


Gilding foil - gold

CME Code: KER01


Crystal resin 1:1 100ml. (50/50)

CME Code: KEN13



Mirror effect 20 ml.

CME Code: KE44

2 comments:

  1. Olga's project is just stunning, the detail that the moulds give is so impressive - the wings look so beautifully delicate and the body so intricate. What a wonderful decoration, I love everything about it! Anne x

    ReplyDelete
  2. How gorgeous is that, such amazing details. Thanks for giving info on how you made it, you really have inspired me.

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.