Monday 10 February 2020

Finnabair inspired giant Easter egg

Here are all 3 of my giant 20cm tall eggs together...

I met Finn in 2015 at an event in J Bay South Africa.  Scrapbook Studio put together an awesome week-end.  Finn is just the most fabulous educator, she is so generous with her knowledge!  I'm so excited to be attending a class with her here in Berlin in June at the Mit Liebe store!  I can't wait!

I fell in love with her style when I saw it on line as well as her products which are just brilliant for creating effects.

Here is the stanza about Fin from my ode to Tim, Finn and Stamperia 
You can see the full ode here ⇦ here(click link)

Finn taught me to use technique paint
Layer objects to create mixed media
How not to go overboard and use restraint
While having fun and being close to hysteria.

They all started like this... with book paper and vintage Distress collage medium by Tim.
I used Finn's moulds to create these white resin flourishes and heated them to curve them to the shape of the egg.
I usually use her rust paste so challenged myself to use the patina set... starting with the brass as a base.
Next I added the Mint green paste.
Followed by the blue paste.
I decided it all looked too fresh, so I added some Stamperia sprays in turquoise, lime and leather over the top to age it a bit.
I went shopping at a local flea market and found this white trim....
I accented the the flourishes with Turquoise satin Opal magic wax to show up more detail.
After spraying the white trim with the Stamperia colours, I used Finn's 3D Matt gel to adhere the metal flowers etc to the egg.  I held them in place with pins while the glue dried.
These metal embelishments got the same treatment as the other side of the egg.
Finally, I added the clear flat backed domes to the "bottle caps" with glossy accents... that will dry clear.  It looks milky here.
Here we have the finished egg... 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.