Tuesday 11 February 2020

Stamperia inspired Alice in Wonderland Giant Easter egg


I have loved Stamperia's papers and products since I first saw them online, but getting them in South Africa was not easy...

Fast forward a few years and I am now living in Berlin...

 I bought my first stash of stencils at the end of last year when I visited Poland (a quick 2 hour train trip to Poznan from Berlin) and found a shop called Paper Concept, but had a hard time just choosing just a few to purchase!  I wanted every single one that the shop had!  I've since found that Mit Liebe Berlin also stocks these stencils and all their paper... In fact their shop is like an ode to Stamperia all on its own!  Its' like heaven on earth!  

Here is the Stamperia stanza I wrote in my ode to Tim, Finn and Stamperia
You can see the full ode and all 3 eggs ⇦ here(click link)

Stamperia came along
With their stencils, molds and paper
That I want to use all daylong
I'm off to the craft shop as fast as I can caper! 


I used different book paper for each egg, but the same technique each time... tear up the paper into little pieces so they don't crease as you apply them and adhere with vintage Distress Collage Medium both underneath and on top of each little bit.
Stamperia makes the most gorgeous molds.  I used their Alice in Wonderland mould with resin which is the white you can see on the egg.
Once the glue dried, I sprayed it with the lime and turquoise Mix Media Aqua Color sprays.
My camera really struggled to pick up the colour corretly... the photo above and below should look the same!!!
I rather liked the drips, so I left them!
Antonis (one of the design team) has a lovely aging cream (Vintage Antiquing paste) which is not available to purchase yet... However I did get to try it recently when I attended the Creativeworld expo in Frankfurt and used something similar from my stash to create a shaddow under the molds and in their crevices to show up the details.

I have the Alice paper pad and used the images from the front cover which were the perfect size for this 20cm egg!
I raided my stash for the minature tea cup and tea pot, as well as the heart topped pins and tiny fob watch.




I 3D printed the cupcake a while ago... like back in South Africa... so nearly a year ago... and have made a mould of it so that I can produce them faster than the 3D printer takes... which is slow...

5 comments:

  1. Wow! This is absolutely amazing! I didn't know that Stamperia made molds! You did a fabulous job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness me the work you do is stunning, these are simply amazing.x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do LOVE Stamperia papers and they have moulds too? This egg is my favourite next to the professor you made. I love everything about this one. :) Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! This is so inspiring and gorgeous! You are very talented. I already have the Alice moulds and papers and charms..but no egg, so maybe I will upcycle a box or bottle. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.