Monday 10 February 2020

Ode to Tim, Finn and Stamperia


I arrived in Berlin, Germany from South Africa at the end of March 2019 and discovered that the Germans love to decorate for Easter and Spring which coinside on this side of the globe!  I walked past flats with decorated balconies and communal garden areas had colourful plastic eggs hanging from trees and little chickens and bunnies in various forms... flat 2D cut outs, 3D plastic ones and some straw creations...

So this year as the Easter decor stock is hitting the shelves in every store, I decided to create my own giant eggs 12 x 20 cm or 5"x8" 

In the posts which follow over the next few days, I will show you how I created them, but for now I leave you with the ode I wrote to Tim Holtz, Finnabair and Stamperia:


My ode to Tim, Finn and Stamperia..

The act of creating
Is oxygen to my soul.
I'm often left debating
What to use when on a roll...

Tim showed me Steampunk
And fifty shades of grunge
I've enough idea-ology to fill a trunk
Into which I want to plunge.

Finn taught me to use technique paint
Layer objects to create mixed media
How not to go overboard and use restraint
While having fun and being close to hysteria.

Stamperia came along
With their stencils, molds and paper
That I want to use all daylong
I'm off to the craft shop as fast as I can caper! 

3 comments:

  1. Truly amazing pieces!! Very detailed in every way. The Steampunk professor is my favourite, but love all three!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are all wonderful, I do love the Professor one but Alice is just fabulous! Your ode is pretty special too... Anne x

    ReplyDelete

Its always lovely to hear from you , so thanks for taking the time to leave me a comment. Please excuse word varification, I've been getting lots of spam comments.